Meet the Teacher

I am excited to link up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week '13.  Last year I loved reading all the posts and this year I decided to join in on the fun.



Today's topic is Meet the Teacher.  You just need to share 10 things about yourself!


1.  I am starting my seventh year of teaching tomorrow.  This will be my fourth year teaching kindergarten.  I have also taught first grade and third grade.  My heart definitely belongs in kindergarten!

2.  I have taught at the same school for every year except one.  All my years have been in the same district though.

3.  I LOVE my family.  I don't know what I would do without them.  I have two beautiful children and an amazingly supportive husband who just "gets" me.  They are the best.


4.  I start every day with a cup of coffee and almond joy coffee creamer.  Yum!  If I haven't had my coffee, then you may not want to talk to me yet.  I won't be coherent enough to even remember what you say.  :)



5.  Dark chocolate is my favorite and I keep Dove Dark Chocolate promises in my "desk" at all times.  It is the perfect little snack of chocolate for after lunch or just whenever my hand happens to reach inside the drawer.



6.  I am super indecisive.  I think it is what my husband hates the most about me.  {Don't get me wrong, he loves me, but if he could change one thing about me.....it would be this!}  At school, I am not that way, but at home I feel like I can't make a decision........where to go out to eat, what to wear, etc.  I am definitely working on it though.

7.   I start my first grad class in exactly one week.  I am a little nervous that I bit off more than I can chew at the moment, but I know I can make it work somehow.  {That is also a warning that I may not be blogging quite as much this semester.}

8.  My favorite T.V. show is Grey's Anatomy.  I can't wait for the fall so it will be on again.  I hate waiting through the summer for my weekly fix.  Thank goodness for Netflix.  :)

9.  I am not very good at sleeping in.  Ever since I was a child, I have always been "early to bed, early to rise".   My mom said as a little girl I didn't really have a bed time because I would just go up to her and tell her I was tired.  I am still this way.  I like going to bed early and getting up early.  I always feel so productive in the morning while everyone else is sleeping.

10.  I LOVE my job.  I can't see myself ever doing anything else other than teaching.  To me, its not a job, I am just doing what I love.  Obviously, there are days I don't love it as much as others, but I do love it.  :)

Link up with Blog Hoppin' and tell us a little about yourself.  Here is the schedule for the rest of the week.

  





2 comments

  1. I can't live without Netflix, Dove Dark Chocolate, or coffee either! Good luck on your first day today!

    Kayla
    Stuff Students Say and Other Classroom Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super indecisive too! I wish I could change that about myself. Also, I totally get your "early to bed, early to rise" mentality. I love taking time in the morning to be productive.

    Good luck with your first day and your grad classes! I am sure you will be great!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete