Five for Friday (Saturday Style)

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.  Although I do realize that today is Saturday.  My Friday was crazy busy.  You will forgive me right??



#1  One of my students said to my student teacher and I, "I know how to spell a word.  F-R-I-V."  When we asked what it spelled he confidently said, "friv".  I love the confidence of 5 year olds.



#2  Thursday was my wonderful student teacher's last day.  :(  The kids and I miss her already.  She was a wonderful positive person.  She has promised to come back and visit often though!!




#3  We started writer's workshop on Friday.  I am so proud of how well my students are doing with it.  Here are some of their examples.




#4  I am working on a new nocturnal animal unit.  I am hoping to have it finished by the end of the weekend since I plan on using it this week and next.  :)



#5  I live and work in Illinois and I am super excited that the ISBE website now has a scope and sequence chart following the common core standards.  Right now there is only one for math, but I am using it to guide my math instruction for the rest of the school year.  My math centers that I create as well as my math lesson will be done so with this guide in mind.  I am on board with common core and it is nice to have guide as when to teach which skills.  Especially since I am so used to using our current curriculum.  Does your district, school, or state have something like this already in place?

2 comments

  1. Please post and let us know when this pack will be ready! This will be perfect for my upcoming unit!

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, your kids are doing great with their writing! Isn't that always so much fun to see! Your student teacher was very lucky to have you! I bet she will miss you and your class so much, too!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete