Volunteer Thank You's

I have been on Spring Break this week and even though it has been an extremely busy break I have been enjoying every minute of it!

Last week though, we had to say goodbye to our Junior Achievement volunteer.  Do you have Junior Achievement in your area?  Junior Achievement is a non profit organization that brings the real world to students through hands-on curriculum delivered by a trained classroom volunteer.  I have been lucky that most years I have had wonderful volunteers and this year was no different.  In kindergarten, the volunteer makes five visits to the classroom.

This year our volunteer was Mr. Gary.  My students fell in love once he told them he had a farm.  Each week after his lesson and activity the students could ask him questions about the farm.  It was their favorite part of our sessions.  I think secretly it was Mr. Gary's favorite part too.  :)



During our last session, he had told the students that he found a snake skin on his farm and brought it in for the brave students to touch if they wanted.  (Mrs. Pauley did NOT touch the snake skin....yuck!)  I was surprised by how many students wanted to touch it.  They are definitely braver than I am.



I wanted to do something special to thank Mr. Gary for all he had done for the class.  He loved the pictures that the kids would make him so I thought making a special thank you card would be a great idea.

I was so lucky because at the same time I was thinking about creating a card for him I found out about this company called Treat. I had received an email and explored their photo greeting cards.  Luckily for me, going through their site was a much easier process than it would have been for me to make a card myself.

Here is what it looked like:






Isn't it just precious?  Mr. Gary LOVED the card and was almost speechless at the thought behind it as well as the fact that all the students signed their names.  He told them he was going to keep it on his desk.  I thought it was the perfect card for such a wonderful volunteer.  If you are interested in checking out Treat, just click {here}.  They have all kinds of amazing cards.

What do you do for the volunteers in your classroom?  I would love for you to tell me in the comments below!




No comments