Storage & Organization

This year our students were asked to bring in either headphones or earbuds as part of their supplies for school.  Since our computer lab already has headphones that the students can use, my students keep their headphones in the classroom to use with our iPads.

I like to be organized and keep my classroom neat so finding a place to store these headphones while keeping them easily accessible to the students was a challenge at first, but then I had a light bulb moment.


I needed small containers that had a lid that was easy for my students get on and off.  I found these containers at the Dollar Tree.  The lids don't completely come off, but instead just open up.  They fit perfectly on top of my vent without covering the vent.  This is an easily accessible area for the students to grab their headphones.


I have the headphones sorted by their reading group so it is easy for them to know where they go.  The students can just grab the basket and take it to their spot to use the iPads.  It works like a charm.

Do your students bring in headphones?  How do you store them?  I would love to hear about it.

Hope your new year is off to a great start!


1 comment

  1. I love this idea! SO tired of battling the headphones!

    ReplyDelete